Новости Донбасса
novosti.dn.ua
БЕСПЛАТНО – В App Store
скачать

Main news of Donbas: Mined and destroyed Shyrokyne; A Ukrainian serviceman captured by militants

Main news of Donbas: Mined and destroyed Shyrokyne; A Ukrainian serviceman captured by militants

There were 71 attacks on ATO forces’ positions in the Donbas in the last 24 hours. ATO Headquarters press service reports that there were 36 shellings in Donetsk direction, 22 in Mariupol direction and 13 in Luhansk direction.

A Ukrainian serviceman was taken captive by militants of the illegal “DPR” faction. Andriy Lysenko, Presidential Administration spokesperson on ATO related issues, said during a briefing that on February 25, a car with two serviceman tripped a mine and as a result one soldier died. His corpse and the second soldier were seized by militants.

Mine clearance in the part of Donbas where the armed hostilities took or are still taking place will take not less than 10-15 years and “several billion hryvnyas”. This information was reported by Serhiy Zubarevsky, head of the group coordinating bomb-threat response of the Department of Environmental Safety and Mine Action of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry.

Almost all TV channels in the village of Novohrodske (the Donetsk region) which is controlled by the Ukrainian govermnent are either Russian or separatist ones. The village is ten kilometres away from occupied Horlivka, but, according to servicemen, out of 18 TV channels which can be watched there only two are Ukrainian.

The Ministry of Defense of Ukraine informed last week, on February 24, that the village of Shyrokyne had been left by militants. The village is 20 kilometres away from Mariupol (the Donetsk region). According to the words of Ukrainian servicemen, the militants mined nearly every house there before leaving. 



Stanyslav Krasnov, head of civil corps “Azov-Crimea” was detained by the Security Service of Ukraine. He is accused of collaboration with Russian special forces.

Aleksandr Khodakovsky, commander of “Vostok” illegal armed formation, urges Aleksandr Zakharchenko, the “DPR” leader, to continue active armed hostilities in the Donbas. “We should increase our military potential - we have not signed any agreements with Ukraine about limiting it. Thus, we should invest money into our own army”, wrote Khodakovsky in his blog.

Olha Kobtseva, the “LPR” representative, said that an additional captives’ exchange (“2 to 1” format) between Ukraine and the “LPR” faction is to take place on March 3.  According to Kobtseva’s words, the exchange is to take place on a bridge near the town of Schastya at 1 p.m. on March 3.
 

NEWS DONETSK / LUGANSK ALL
20:32
How can school students and school leavers from the uncontrolled territory get Ukrainian education?
17:26
OSCE SMM records over 5,300 truce breaches in Donbas over week
13:22
Russia will never return Crimea to Ukraine – Putin
12:19
Nayev, Hug discuss security situation along contact line in Donbas – JFO press center
16:25
Moscow City Court sentences Ukrainian Sushchenko to 12 years for spying
16:21
Russia supplies cargo for military purposes to Donbas – U.S. rep to OSCE
12:00
Russian-backed militants mount 27 attacks on Ukraine army in Donbas in past day – JFO HQ
17:01
Ukraine's presidential administration believes Trump's meeting with Poroshenko should precede meeting with Putin
16:22
Donetsk regional police chief Abroskin appointed deputy head of National Police of Ukraine
21:12
Ukrainian Rada deputy Savchenko questioned in SBU about her visit to Donetsk
20:05
OSCE mission reports deterioration of security situation in Donbas
13:00
Ukraine to demand broader sanctions for those who 'nationalized' enterprises in Donbas - Poroshenko
12:16
Travelers may use passports of DPR, LPR to enter Belarus; decision on stay to be made individually - Belarusian Interior Ministry
14:20
Akhmetov's humanitarian staff reports blocking of its work in Donetsk
13:10
DPR, LPR heads demand Kyiv lift Donbas blockade, otherwise threaten to take over enterprises under Ukrainian jurisdiction
08:26
Vice News relised report from Donetsk
15:02
Lives on the Line: short documentary about situation in the Donbas region
15:02
Lawyer Feygin: Russia still refusing to let Ukrainian consul see arrested journalist Sushchenko
14:20
ICRC to repay Ukraine utilities debts for occupied Luhansk
17:17
Euronews show life on Ukraine's front line in 360-degree video
VIDEO
Vice News relised report from Donetsk
Vice News correspondent Jake Hanrahan visited Donetsk, which stay under control by "Donetsk People's Republic".
27 December, 08:26
Lives on the Line: short documentary about situation in the Donbas region
This 6-minute documentary tells the stories of civilians who have been living in an active conflict zone for over two years.
08 December, 15:02