Новости Донбасса
novosti.dn.ua
БЕСПЛАТНО – В App Store
скачать

Main news of Donbas: Mariupol decommunization scandal; TV broadcasting strategy discussed in Donbas

Main news of Donbas: Mariupol decommunization scandal; TV broadcasting strategy discussed in Donbas

Reports from the front

Andriy Lysenko, Presidential Administration spokesperson on ATO related issues, informed at a briefing that 3 Ukrainian servicemen had been wounded in the direction of Mariupol on March 3.

More that 1.5 thousand women have done their miltary service in the Anti-Terrorist Operation zone. Oleksiy Chornobay, the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine presser, stated that more than 17 thousand women are currently doing their military service, more than 2.2. thousand of them are officers.

Reports from the territory controlled by the Ukrainian government

A conference “Broadcasting strategy for Donbas” takes place in Kramatorsk on March 4. The speakers discuss the concept for objective coverage of the events in the region. One of the possible aims, in their opinion, is increasing the locals’ trust in MM. Oren Murphy, Ukraine Country Representative at USAID / OTI, said that there is lack of quality information in the Donbas today.

“Our recent surveys show that 16% less people currently watch Russian mass media. It is impotrtant for Ukrainian MM to take the informational niche which has been freed. It is crucial to understand the audience’s tastes, content and platform demands”, said Murphy.

There was a dispute on decommunization act at the session of Mariupol city council. Deputies proposed to rename Marshal Zhukov Street — to give it the name Heroyiv ATO (ATO Heroes). At first, they were not going to rename this street. Then, after the dispute between those who were for and those who were against, the former group was outnumbered.

According to the preliminary data of the Security Service of Ukraine (SSU), about 400 thousand IDPs from the East of Ukraine and the Crimea have falsified their status. The information was presented by Pavlo Rozenko, Minister of Social Policy.

Reports from the occupied territory

Aleksandr Zakharchenko, head of the illegal “DPR” organization, claimed that Avdiivka and Krasnokhorivka are blocked by Ukrainian miliraries. He said, “The town of Avdiivka has been closed for five days, and it is prohibited to leave it. The situation is the same in Krasnohorivka". The secretary of Avdiivka town council refuted this information. Volodymyr Moroz, chief of Maryinka district military and civil administration (which Krasnohorivka is subordinated to) said that it is impossible to block the town even theoretically.

Follow the link to read main news of Donbas in English.

For material : "Новости Донбасса "

NEWS DONETSK / LUGANSK ALL
20:32
How can school students and school leavers from the uncontrolled territory get Ukrainian education?
17:26
OSCE SMM records over 5,300 truce breaches in Donbas over week
13:22
Russia will never return Crimea to Ukraine – Putin
12:19
Nayev, Hug discuss security situation along contact line in Donbas – JFO press center
16:25
Moscow City Court sentences Ukrainian Sushchenko to 12 years for spying
16:21
Russia supplies cargo for military purposes to Donbas – U.S. rep to OSCE
12:00
Russian-backed militants mount 27 attacks on Ukraine army in Donbas in past day – JFO HQ
17:01
Ukraine's presidential administration believes Trump's meeting with Poroshenko should precede meeting with Putin
16:22
Donetsk regional police chief Abroskin appointed deputy head of National Police of Ukraine
21:12
Ukrainian Rada deputy Savchenko questioned in SBU about her visit to Donetsk
20:05
OSCE mission reports deterioration of security situation in Donbas
13:00
Ukraine to demand broader sanctions for those who 'nationalized' enterprises in Donbas - Poroshenko
12:16
Travelers may use passports of DPR, LPR to enter Belarus; decision on stay to be made individually - Belarusian Interior Ministry
14:20
Akhmetov's humanitarian staff reports blocking of its work in Donetsk
13:10
DPR, LPR heads demand Kyiv lift Donbas blockade, otherwise threaten to take over enterprises under Ukrainian jurisdiction
08:26
Vice News relised report from Donetsk
15:02
Lives on the Line: short documentary about situation in the Donbas region
15:02
Lawyer Feygin: Russia still refusing to let Ukrainian consul see arrested journalist Sushchenko
14:20
ICRC to repay Ukraine utilities debts for occupied Luhansk
17:17
Euronews show life on Ukraine's front line in 360-degree video
VIDEO
Vice News relised report from Donetsk
Vice News correspondent Jake Hanrahan visited Donetsk, which stay under control by "Donetsk People's Republic".
27 December, 08:26
Lives on the Line: short documentary about situation in the Donbas region
This 6-minute documentary tells the stories of civilians who have been living in an active conflict zone for over two years.
08 December, 15:02